Friday, December 9, 2016

I'm Not a Krank

I love Christmas. It's one of my favorite times of year. Granted, this year, it doesn't FEEL like Christmas because it's 80 degrees, but welcome to Florida, right? 

Even without the snow and all of that, I'm still ready to celebrate Christmas. So imagine my surprise when I won a trip, all expenses paid, to Hawaii with the family. This is a once in a lifetime chance for us, because we would never be able to afford it otherwise. 

I look through the itinerary and really consider taking this vacation. But there is just one problem.....

The trip is from 12/23-1/2.
The catch? We can't bring anything Christmas. 

So now I'm faced with a dilemma...
Do I take this once in a lifetime vacation for my family?
Do I forget this and stay home to celebrate Christmas?

What is a girl to do?!

I think on it long and hard. I compare. I contrast. I pro. I con.

In the end?





I can't give up my Christmas.

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 13 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

My subject was "Holiday Escape: If given the opportunity, would you leave on a surprise vacation to a place with no festivities over the holidays?"  and it was submitted by Confessions of a part-time working mom.

Do me a solid and see what my friends have for you?


Baking In A Tornado                         
The Bergham Chronicles                                          
Climaxed  
 

9 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I saw fake snow and Christmas lights on Palm Trees in Florida. It was surreal. I hope you and your family have a wonderful first warm weather holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could give it up either. All the traditions and love, no way. Trips can be taken and memories can be made, but holidays only come once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough one..... but I would do the trip and celebrate earlier or later. We have done that before and the family understands and it makes it special in a different way. One year we celebrated it in July because that is when the family could all get together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way could I give up Christmas either! When I first started reading this though I really thought you'd won a trip and I was jealous :D Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing you didn't actually win this trip, huh?
    I wish you and your family, especially your Mom who is mourning, a very merry Christmas! 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I could give it up very easily either. Of course, Florida can't be too bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be on my way to Hawaii! We could celebrate Christmas when we get back (win-win)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the exact opposite. I'm from Michigan and we just got 10 inches of snow yesterday. I hate it. And the holidays. I'm a Grinch through and through and would gladly leave it all behind for a place that's warm and festivity free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally support your decision. Personally, I'd celebrate on the 22nd,and arrange for gifts from Santa to be waiting for Gigi upon our arrival home. I love Christmas, but that chance to make memories on a trip, that otherwise wouldn't happen... I can't pass it up. Plus, I guess in my mind... Christmas is really in my heart... So, we wouldn't technically be without it, just without the physical symbols of it.

    Happy first Christmas in Florida!! I hope you guys have an amazing holiday!!

    ReplyDelete

So....what did you think? And are you THAT Sarah Michelle?